Effective April 24, 2020
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (https://www.cheto.io) and software. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and software. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website and software, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
We collect the following information about you:
Using our website
- IP Address, country and information about your browser: each time your browser make a request to our webserver your IP address, country and information about your browser is logged for 24 hours.
Using an OAuth provider such as "Sign in with Google" to sign in or register
In order to sign in or register only your email address is collected from your oauth account.
Registering and using your Cheto account
- Username: You may change it on the account settings page.
- Email address: We collect your email address so you can recover your password and get notified about information regarding your account. You may change it opening a support ticket.
- Language preference: We save the language you chose so we can provide the website on that language.
- IP Address: We collect it to avoid people registering too many accounts in a short period of time.
- Country: We collect it for statistical purposes.
- Profile picture: Optional, you can change it any time you want.
Purchasing a license for our software
- Bitcoin transaction ID: When you pay using bitcoin we collect the transaction ID to mark the invoice as paid.
Using our software
- Anonymized device ID: Each time you link a device to your account we collect a salted cryptographic hash of your device ID so we can link the device with your account. You may unlink a device whenever you want on the settings page.
We do not share information we collect with any third parties.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via support form on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. All the collected information is protected both online and offline.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.